Monday, 27 January 2014

The Scarecrow and his Servant

The Scarecrow and his Servant by Philip Pullman is about a scarecrow that comes to life after lightning hits him on a stormy night.  He finds a boy called Jack who turns into his servant and helps him do everything.



This book gets weirder and weirder because the scarecrow has fallen in love with a broom and he attacked a sign because it was arguing with him.  I have been reading this book with my siblings and I think it's a really good children's book because we have all been enjoying the adventures that Jack and the Scarecrow have been having.  It was also been shortlisted for the Carnegie Medal.
I would definitely recommend this book to all children who enjoy a funny, enjoyable book.

  
MamaMummyMum

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up, I will be recommending this book to my daughters. Have tweeted and pinned x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to remember this one to add to our reading wish list. Phillip Pullman was my husband's teacher when he was younger which make his books even more interesting to us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always read and reply to them all x