Monday, 3 February 2014

Heidi

Heidi by Johanna Spyri is one of the best books I have ever read.  It is about a young girl that is an orphan who has to go to her grandfather's house and live with him. 


It was written in 1880 and it is one of the bestselling books ever and is among the best-known works of Swiss literature.                                                                                                  

The two sequel books, Heidi Grows Up and Heidi's Children, were neither written nor endorsed by Spyri, but were adapted from her other works by her English translator, Charles Tritten, many years after she died.

I would definitely recommend Heidi to any girl who likes books about other children.  
I love this book so much that I might have to read it again.

  
MamaMummyMum

2 comments:

  1. I still have my copy of Heidi which I've now given to my 8 year old daughter, thanks as always for linking up with #ReadWithMe I have tweeted and pinned your post x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always read and reply to them all x