Monday, 17 February 2014

The Butterfly Lion

The Butterfly Lion by Michael Morpurgo is about a boy who runs away fro a boarding school in Wiltshire.  He meets an old woman called Millie who tells him a story about Bertie and the butterfly lion.  While Bertie is living in Africa he saves a white lion cub, but his dad wants to sell it to a circus because he would be worth a lot of money.  Later in the night Bertie lets him free.




The Butterfly Lion has won the Smarties Prize and the Writers' Guild Award.
I think any child would love this heartwarming story, young or old.
I can't wait to read more of it and am sure my sisters would love it.




MamaMummyMum

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really heartwarming story!! Thanks for linking up with #ReadWithMe I have tweeted and pinned this post x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always read and reply to them all x