Monday, 24 March 2014

Wild Thing

Wild Thing by Emma Barnes is the funniest book ever!  Wild Thing is naughty and annoying.  Kate is Wild Thing's big sister and she wants to sell Wild Thing.




Every night I read this to my two sisters who loved it.  I was planning on reading one chapter a night, but it was too good for one chapter!  I read about five chapters a night!  Us three girls were giggling so much on just the first page!
Wild Thing is just about to start at Kate's school.  Dad says it will be fine and Kate agrees.  When Wild Thing goes she ruins everything.  First she ruins the toilets by stuffing loads of tissue rolls down and trying to flush them down until the bathroom is flooded, then she ruins Kate's song on the school stage by going on the stage and singing like a strangled cat.
Their dad was a guitarist for a popular rock star band but stopped to look after Kate and Wild Thing because their mother died long ago.
You will fall in love with this book right away!  I didn't know if it would be any good at first but I was wrong.  Young girls will love this book.  Imogen (7) now wants me to call her Wild Thing!  I will be getting more books by Emma Barnes.
 
MamaMummyMum

16 comments:

  1. I love that you read this to your sisters, sounds extremely entertaining. thanks for linking up with #ReadWithMe I have tweeted and pinned this post x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you had lots of fun reading this together!

    AliceMegan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace would LOVE this book :) It sounds great x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely book. If Grace reads it tell me what she thinks. x

      Delete
  4. I read this book and thought it was hilarious too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your review - it made my day! x PS There will be new Wild Thing book out in July.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for the new book! I will have to tell my sisters! x

      Delete
  6. This sounds such a fun read, & I love that you all read & giggle over it together :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a book my daughter will love #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like a very fun book to read x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always read and reply to them all x