Monday, 14 April 2014

Middle School - The worst years of my life - by James Patterson

Middle School - The worst years of my life by James Patterson is about a boy called Rafe who HATES school more than anything.  For me because I'm home educated I found this really funny.


Rafe thinks school is like a prison.  He imagines the teachers as guards and pupils as prisoners.  He is sick and tired of following the rules so he decides to make up his own thing called Operation R.A.F.E were he has to break as many rules as he can.  He also gets points and he only has three lives.  He gets the idea of doing this from his imaginary friend called Leo the Silent.  Leo doesn't really talk much.  He just draws things.  His mum finds out about his grades and what he has done at the school and gets really upset.  But Rafe's step dad, who he calls Bear, says to Rafe's mum that she hasn't been hard enough on him.  Bear is really lazy and is always shouting at Rafe and his sister Georgie and never lets them change the TV channel.

So how will Rafe cope with all this going on?  Plus he has to cope with Miller the Killer who is a great big bully who has stolen his privet notepad.  In that notepad he has his Operation Rafe goals.  And he has to buy each page back.  But how will he get the money?

I think this is more of a boys book but I really liked it.  It always keeps you guessing, which I quite like.  I also really liked this book because it had illustrations which makes a change for books for my age.  I really liked this book and would like to get the other ones as well.

Disclaimer:  I was sent this book for free to review, however all opinions and thoughts are my own.

MamaMummyMum

4 comments:

  1. Sounds really entertaining!!! thanks for linking with #ReadWithMe I have tweeted and pinned this post x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed this book x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always read and reply to them all x