Tuesday, 10 June 2014

North of Nowhere

North of Nowhere is brilliant!



North of Nowhere is about thirteen year old, Mia, who has to go to Porthaven after her mum receives an urgent call from Mia's grandmother.  Mia isn't looking forward to going to Porthaven because she wanted to stay home with her friends.  But she goes anyway and finds out that her granddad has gone missing.  Mia's  grandmother is very upset about it all and so is her mum.  Mia tries to keep both her grandmother and mum strong and confident that he will come back.  Mia copes really well throughout the whole book, if you ask me.

Before all this happened she was planning on hanging out with her friends, since it is half term.  So when she goes to Porthaven she has no one to talk to...apart from one person.  Mia is walking her grandmother's dog and everything is fine until it decides to go on a boat.  Mia goes on the boat to try and get the dog off the boat when she notices something in the corner of her eye.  She looks at it and finds out it is a diary.  Someone who sounds just like her!  She writes in the diary and calls her new friend Dee because at the end of Dee's diary she writes D and Mia thought Dee looked better...Mia is a bit weird sometimes!

Mia and Dee were going to meet up but they couldn't because Dee's father said there was going to be a really bad storm.

I won't give the ending away because I know how annoying it is when people do that.

I really liked this book but just found it a bit confusing towards the end.  Overall, a great book and I highly recommend it.
MamaMummyMum

5 comments:

  1. I know I am judging a book by it's cover but I love this one don't you? Also the words "A night of storms. A lifetime of secrets."on the cover. So dramatic - great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting book, different to ones I've read previously!! Now I want to know what happens at the end!! Thanks for linking up with #ReadWithMe I have tweeted and pinned this post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very different to the sort of books I usually read too! Thank you so much for hosting such a cool linky!! x

      Delete
  3. Yes it made me want to know what happens at the end too! i had not heard of this author. So many books to read that look good and not enough time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always read and reply to them all x